The Clay County Treasurer's Office operates in accordance with the statutes of the State of Missouri.
The Treasurer is responsible for receipting all County revenues, making bank deposits, investing County monies, balancing County bank accounts, banking funds held in trust by the County and tracking all county funds.
The Treasurer's Office is also responsible for writing juror checks and helping people claim unclaimed property. Office duties include:
- Manage County Checking Account
- Budget is $100 million
- Cash accounting for more than 50 different county funds
- Disburse and reconcile all county checks
- Reconcile all funds and entire checking account on a daily basis
- Receipt all money received by county (excluding property tax, which is receipted by the Collector)
- Invest monies not needed for day to day operations of the county ($28 million)
- Inform Commissioners of county's financial status on a regular basis
- Administrate payroll for the county's 700 + employees
FOR EASY ACCESS AND TO PREVENT DUPLICATION, USE THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR TRANSPARENCY.
SEE EXPENDITURES AT THE TRANSPARENCY PORTAL
SALES TAX REPORTS
NOTE: Reports after 2013 incorporates changes directed by 2013-ORD-35. Notably, the report now contains Law Enforcement Sales Tax revenues.
For Clay County Unclaimed Property, please contact the Clay County Treasurer at (816) 407-3540.