Clay County Planning and Zoning Department
- November 10, 2020 Planning and Zoning Commission Public Notice
- Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, October 6, 2020 at 6:30 pm. via Video Conference
- Please click the link for access to the October 6, 2020 Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89498659561?pwd=cFZZM3FmRWJTNk50cG5xdEs5MFFKdz09
- For audio access only call: 1-312-626-6799, follow the prompts and enter the meeting ID number 894 9865 9561. Passcode 369616 when requested
Our mission is to protect and promote the health, safety, and general welfare of our citizens through the implementation of sustainable landuse and planning principles, sound administration of the Comprehensive Plan, and enforcement of the Clay County Land Development Code and Building Codes.
What We Do
The Clay County Planning & Zoning Department administers and oversees all aspects of planning, development, and construction activities on land. Rezonings, Subdivisions, Conditional Use Permits (CUPS), Building Permits, Floodplain Development Permits (FDP), and various other activities - all are handled by the Planning & Zoning Department.
We strongly encourage property owners, agents, and all others involved in real estate to contact us at (816) 407-3380 or E-Mail if you have any questions related to your land or buildings.
The Clay County Planning & Zoning Department has home rule jurisdiction or control over only the unincorporated areas of the County, or those areas outside of city limits. If you live within an incorporated city, you will need to contact your city regarding any planning and zoning matters as only they have control inside their city boundaries.
- Accessory Buildings
- Building Codes
- Building Demolition
- Building Permit Reports
- Erosion and Sediment Control
(LESS than 1 acre)
- Green Build Incentive Program
- Residential Construction
- Modular & Manufactured
- Solar Information
- Sprinkler System Disclosure
- Air Quality
- Dams and Ponds
- EPA Phase II Permit
- Floodplain Management
- Stormwater Resources
Fees and Permits
- Floodplain Development Permit
- Home Occupation Permit
- Land Disturbance Permit
- Temp. Use/Sign Permit
Zoning and Subdivision