CLAY COUNTY CLERK
The County Clerk's office emphasizes serving the citizens of Clay County with integrity, responsibility, and efficiency.
The duties of the County Clerk include:
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of the County Commission
- Collecting fees and issuing licenses (liquor, amusement & firework, auctioneer, wrecking & towing)
- Swearing in notaries
- Processing accounts payable
- Notarizing documents
- Performing secretarial duties for the Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Billing railroad and utility companies in Clay County
- Certifying levy rates
|2017 Adopted Budget||2018 Adopted Budget||2019 Adopted Budge|
|2020 Adopted Budget||2021 Adopted Budget|
LICENSES AND PERMITS
The Clay County Clerk's Office is responsible for issuing a variety of permits. If you need to apply for a license, please review the process and requirements below:
The County Clerk is responsible for the local processing of notary public commissions.
Applicants must first apply with the Missouri Secretary of States Office, Commissions Division.
Once approved by the state the applicant needs to obtain a surety bond. The bond then MUST BE REMITTED to and verified by the clerk's office in order for the applicant to receive his/her oath and commission. The bond will be submitted to the Secretary of State Office of Commissions to show completion and receipt of oath.
Requirements at time of Oath
Clay County Clerk Fee of $6.00 (No credit cards)
$10,000 Insurance Bond (to remit at the time of oath)