Read about HB 1118 here!
The select committee considering this bill tabled the discussion until next legislative session. Stay tuned in 2016.
Would you be interested in receiving your annual tax bill electronically, to an email address you specify? Click HERE to vote.
Our commitment to you...
Below is monthly documentation of every check request initiated by the Collector's office from the Tax Maintenance Fund.
As a first class county, Clay faces many complex issues when it comes to collecting millions of dollars in delinquent taxes each year. The county is also brought into dozens of legal cases each year where land owners are appealing assessed value, facing condemnation of their property, attempting to quiet title, going through probate, or facing a myriad of other issues that affect property ownership and liability for taxes. The Tax Maintenance Fund makes it possible for Clay to take its proper place among the larger, more urban counties in Missouri, and to maintain its record of collecting over 98% of all taxes within three years of original billing.
Primary uses of this fund include: technology (Manatron--specifically Ascend, a Thomson Reuters product--is the name of our current software provider), legal representation for delinquent collections and real property issues (Palmer Law Office handles our delinquent collections and Trish Hughes advises us on tax sale and related real property issues), legislative vigilance (we constantly work with other jurisdictions and our representatives in Jefferson City to ensure good law stays in place and necessary amendments to law are given proper priority), and education/training (GFOA, MCCA, NTLA, etc.).
Click here for information about prepayments.
Click here for updates and helpful tips from our Facebook page.
Click here and type "NEWSLETTER" in the subject line to subscribe to our emailed newsletter.
READ OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER HERE
PERSONAL PROPERTY AND REAL ESTATE TAX BILLS WERE MAILED IN NOVEMBER, 2014.
- If your mortgage company pays your taxes out of an escrow account, you may not receive a bill—it may have been sent directly to them. PLEASE VERIFY tax payments with your mortgage company.
- All taxes are due by December 31, whether or not you receive a bill.
- All cities in Clay County have now contracted with the Collector’s Office to incorporate their city tax amounts into existing county tax bills. Please be assured that your bill will still be handled with the utmost care. Please go to our Frequently Answered Questions for more information regarding city tax bills and how they are incorporated into county tax bills.
NEED TO MAKE A PAYMENT WHEN WE'RE CLOSED?
Use our outdoor drop boxes! If you drop your payment in our outdoor boxes, you can pick up your receipt or access it online in 3 business days, or we can mail it to you.
PLEASE PAY ONLINE
You NO LONGER NEED a PIN to pay online, and you can print your receipt immediately from home. YOU CAN USE AN E-CHECK TO PAY ONLINE FOR A FLAT FEE OF ONLY $1.45. Please type carefully. If your e-check is rejected because you typed your routing or account number wrong, it will be treated as a bounced check, and all fees, penalties, and interest applicable to bounced checks will apply.
YOU CAN NOW MAKE PARTIAL PAYMENTS
We accept partial payments at both office locations, ONLINE, and in our internal and external drop boxes. Interest and penalty will still accrue on the unpaid balance, and you will not be able to renew your tags until your bill is paid IN FULL.
- One Courthouse Square, Liberty, MO 64068 (The large, white building in the center of the historical Liberty square.)
- 1901 NE 48th Street, Kansas City, MO 64118 (Just west of the intersection of Antioch and Vivion. Next to Northgate Middle School.)
- Maps & Directions
We take payments until 5:00 at our Liberty location, and until 4:30 at our Annex location. PLEASE WATCH THE TIME! In order to serve everyone by closing time, we will cut off the line early as needed.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *