Clay County Clerk's Office
The Clay County Clerk's Office is hosting a Sunshine Law Workshop on May 6th, 2016. Elected Officials, attorneys, members of boards and commissions as well as members of the public will find this workshop beneficial.
See Flyer for details. Update: Registrations for this event are currently closed. For questions and concerns please contact the Clerk's Office at 816-407-3570.
The County Clerk's office emphasizes serving the citizens of Clay County with integrity, responsibility, and efficiency.
The duties of the County Clerk include:
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of the County Commission
- Collecting fees and issuing licenses (liquor, amusement & firework, auctioneer, wrecking & towing)
- Swearing in notaries
- Processing accounts payable
- Notarizing documents
- Performing secretarial duties for the Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Maintaining the records center
- Billing railroad and utility companies in Clay County
- Certifying levy rates