Clay County Clerk's Office
The clerk's office emphasizes serving the citizens of Clay County in a timely, effective and ethical manner. We serve internal and external customers, treating each one with courtesy and efficiency.
We stress good working relationship with the public our co-workers and other government offices and entities.
The office of County Clerk has various statutory duties. To wit:
- Take accurate and complete minutes for the County Commission meetings
- Keep accurate and compete records of all County Commission transactions
- Perform County Commission business in a timely manner
- Issue and collect - liquor, amusement, auctioneer, and fireworks license
- Notarize documents
- Manage and maintain records center
- Administrate changes in real estate, personal and business property
- Formulate and settle appeals, value changes, and agreements
- Hold Board of Equalization (BOE) hearings
- Maintain invoicing and purchase order data for all funds
- Consult with Auditor to solve any miscellaneous problems
- Bill railroad and utility companies in Clay County
- Responsible for levies to be certified by the State
- Swearing in of notaries.
The staff of the Clerk of Commission is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standard while providing efficient, courteous service to all.
Clay County Clerk