Clay County Clerk's Office
The clerk's office emphasizes serving the citizens of Clay County in a timely, effective and ethical manner. We serve internal and external customers, treating each one with courtesy and efficiency.
We stress good working relationship with the public our co-workers and other government offices and entities.
The office of County Clerk has various statutory duties. To wit:
- Maintain complete and accurate records of the County Commission as provided
- Collect fees and issue licenses (liquor, amusement & firework, auctioneer, wrecking & towing)
- Swear in notaries approved by the Secretary of States Office
- Process and oversee management of accounts payables for budgeted funds of the County Commission
- Notarize documents free of charge at our office
- Perform secretarial duties for the Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Administrate changes in real estate, personal and business property
- Formulate and settle appeals, value changes, and agreements
- Manage and maintain records center
- Work with Collector's office in billing of railroad & utility companies in Clay County
- Oversee finalization of levy certification from the State Auditor's Office
The staff of the Clerk of Commission is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standard while providing efficient, courteous service to all.