Temporary Uses & Signs

Certain temporary uses may be allowed subject to the standards of Section 151-6.4 of the Clay County Land Development Code ("LDC"), and temporary signs may be found in Section 151-12.8 (H).

Application form:

Permanent Signs

Permanent Sign Standards may be found in Section 151-12 of the LDC.  For a permanent sign permit, please call us at (816) 407-3388 or Email to schedule an appointment with the Building Official.


Our Jurisdiction

The Clay County Planning & Zoning Department has home rule jurisdiction or control over only the unincorporated areas of the County, or those areas outside of city limits.  If you live within an incorporated city, you will need to contact your city regarding any planning and zoning matters as only they have control inside their city boundaries.

contact us

Clay County

Planning & Zoning Department


Kipp Jones



234 W. Shrader

Suite C
Liberty, Missouri 64068

phone: (816) 407-3380
fax: (816) 407-3381