Clay County Comprehensive Plan Survey and
Public Open Houses Announced
(Clay County) – Clay County is in the middle of their Comprehensive Planning process. The goal of the plan is to provide the community with a compelling vision and plan that will be used to guide decision-making and development. The Plan will provide an inclusive framework for the orderly and consistent planning for future growth of the unincorporated portion of the County with collaboration from the municipalities and jurisdictions within the area. The focus of the plan will be on land use, transportation, parks and trails, development patterns, housing types, infrastructure, and economic development.
Clay County has announced a public survey is available until December 31 at www.claycountycompass.com. Paper copies of the survey are also available at the following locations:
- County Administration Building, 1 Courthouse Square, Liberty, MO 64068
- Clay County Parks Department, 17201 Paradesian Street, Smithville, MO 64089
- Clay County Planning & Zoning Department, 234 W Shrader Street, Liberty, MO 64068
- Clay County Annex, 1901 NE 48th Street, Kansas City, MO 64118
The public is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas about what they would like to see in the plan. The County is also announcing two public open houses and a virtual open house listed below that are scheduled for December. The public is encouraged to join Clay County representatives and the planning team in-person to learn more about the plan and share your thoughts and ideas. If you are unable to attend in -person, please make sure to participate in the virtual open house option also at www.claycountycompass.com. Your input is vital to a successful project!
Public Open House #1
- In-person: December 6, 2023, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Excelsior Springs Community Center
Public Open House #2
- In-person: December 7, 2023, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Gladstone Community Center
Public Open House #3 (virtual only)
For more information please visit www.claycountycompass.com. The site includes information about the comprehensive planning process, the public survey link and ongoing community engagement opportunities.
Media Contact: Jayne Siemens - 816-289-1109 - email@example.com