How to Report a Code Violation

To report a potential violation of the Clay County Land Development Code ("LDC") (PDF), please Email Planning and Zoning Department or call 816-407-3380.

Please be prepared to provide the nature of the violation, the address or location of the violation, and a phone number where we may contact you.

Our Jurisdiction

The Clay County Planning and Zoning Department has home rule jurisdiction or control over only the unincorporated areas of the County, or those areas outside of city limits. If you live within an incorporated city, you will need to contact your city regarding any planning and zoning matters as only they have control inside their city boundaries.