Clay County, Missouri is currently participating in SolSmart, a nationwide, U.S. Department of Energy program that recognizes local governments for taking steps to be more solar-friendly.
By using solar energy and energy-efficient technologies in your home and business, you will:
- Help the environment
- Reduce your consumption of fossil fuels
- Lower your monthly bills
- Save money in the long term
If you want to purchase a PV system, you are probably going to need a PV installer. You can check your local phone directory under Solar Energy Equipment or view prescreened contractors list on the NABCEP Certified Locator. It is always advisable to obtain several bids before making a selection.
Resources (Missouri Jurisdictions)
- Solar Ready Construction Guidelines (PDF) and Photovoltaic (PV) Solar System Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Mid-America Regional Council of Governments (MARC) Solar Ready Map
- Evergy Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Evergy Solar Rebates Program (Residential)
Still Have Questions
Clay County, Missouri has designated a Solar Coordinator to answer your questions regarding installing a PV system on your property. Refer to the 2011 Land Development Code (PDF) for Clay County's regulations.
Please Email Timothy Sperry, Building Inspector, or call 816-407-3380.