Clay, Platte, Ray Mental Health Board
This Board administers, manages, and disburses the community mental health funds for the provision of any comprehensive mental health services.
In November 1980, in response to the need for additional funds to support comprehensive mental health services, the citizens of Clay, Platte, and Ray Counties passed a levy of ten cents per hundred dollars on the assessed value of the real estate.
In 1981, Clay, Platte, and Ray Counties agreed to establish the Clay, Platte, and Ray Mental Health Board of Trustees. The Board is composed of county commission-appointed representatives from each of the three counties. The responsibilities of the Board as stated in the bylaws are to:
- Purchase services from existing community mental health centers, mental health clinics, or other public facilities or not-for-profit corporations based in Platte, Clay, and Ray counties.
- Administer and disperse community mental health funds for the provision of any comprehensive mental health service.
- Contract with existing public facilities or not-for-profit corporations to provide services for residents of the three-county area.
- Submit information as required on the disbursement of monies from the community mental health fund to the Missouri State Department of Mental Health by such date as the letter specifies in order to facilitate the annual preparation of regional and state mental health plans.
Since its inception in 1981, the Clay, Platte, Ray Mental Health Board has annually disbursed available funds to support behavioral health services and programs in the three-county area.
The Mental Health Board is constituted by the Missouri State Revised Statutes (RSMo) Chapter 205.970.
Clay County Commission appoints 6 members to the Board of Trustees, serving 3-year terms.
- 5:15 pm
- 4th Wednesday of each month
- Human Resources Building
Maple Woods Community College Campus
- Generally does not meet in December and January